Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Yikes....4 months

I apologize.....four months is a long time to have neglected my blog.  I am not even too sure where to start.  A lot has happened.  Maybe I'll do a little point form and then elaborate on some of the points another day.

Starting with me....
-I stopped seeing the therapist....tapping was a little bit too out there for me.
-still working, my co-worker broker her fibula was off from mar 27 to June 15.  
-I learned I can manage without her.

B....
-Was referred to psychiatrist who sent him for an eeg and MRI.
-we had to do a second MRI due to finding a lesion, we see the neurosurgeon in July (scary)
-changed up his meds again, I honestly don't think they really make much difference
-we made the decision for special programming next school year.  It's a bit of a drive, I hope it's worth it.
-still a mommy's boy

C....
-is all potty trained
-is signed up for pre-school in the fall
-still a whiny daddies girl

Dh
-worlds best dad....lol
-is trying hard being a sahd.
-working with b's therapist for a better father son relationship.

My dad....
-Is doing fabulous on his multiple myeloma trial....must be on the trial drug. 

In other news....
-We got our first foster placement April 17.  A 1 day old baby boy.  He was adorable.  He was returned to his parents 3 weeks ago at 7 weeks old.  I hope and pray all goes well and he doesn't come back into the system.
-I finally went to Las Vegas with my sister.  It was pretty good time and a nice break after baby W going home.
-the day we got home from Vegas we got a new placement a 1 day old baby girl (only 5 days after baby W leaving).  She is 2 weeks now.  We are pretty exhausted being in newborn mode for over 2 months!
-people ask how I will handle the grief of the babies leaving.  As W said we are experienced grievers....only these babies are just moving on.  We can be sad to see them go, but hopeful for them, that they live and thrive in their parents/extended families care.  I didn't get into fostering to adopt.  Not saying it couldn't happen but that is not my purpose.
-there was a nice article on fb recently about how attachment and affection helps the brain grown.  I will be a constant for these babies, love them, give them the best start I can.  I've seen children with RAD,  if showing love can help prevent that...then I'm good with that.  I can have a little bit of my heart break in exchange for showing love to a baby who may not otherwise get it.

Updated to add the perfect quote:

"We can't let the fear of loving a child who might leave deter us; we must let the fear of a child never knowing love drive us. A different kind of fear. A better one." Jason Johnson

That's all I can think of for now. I will try to keep up more often.  

No comments: